{Image credit on photo}

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Kreativ Blogger Award > An Academy Award

Let’s face it: I will most likely never achieve my childhood goal of winning an Academy Award for Best Actress. This is true for several reasons, the most obvious being, well, I am not an actress.

So, in the meantime, suffice it to say that I am extremely grateful that I received a blog award from two fabulous gals. The Dishy Decorator and mWm. THANKS!! These girlies are well-known in the blog-o-sphere and are two of my favorite tweet pals. Make sure you pay them a well-deserved visit.

Here are the rules:

1.) Thank the person who gave this to you.
2.) Copy the logo and place it in your blog.
3.) Link the person who nominated you.
4.) Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
5.) Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6.) Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7.) Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

1. (Similar to Dishy Decorator’s story): When I was 5, I had a pet chicken. If you know where I am from this is a very funny story. In pre-K, we hatched 4 eggs in an incubator. What lucky gal (with an unlucky mother) won the raffle? I’ll give you three guesses. What was the chicken’s name, you ask. Well, she was Melissa. I named her after my best friend. I am sure my best friend was honored and rightfully so. Poor Sweet Melissa had an unfortunate run in with a neighborhood cat. I have sworn off bird-pets ever since.

2. I am absolutely terrified of the year 2012. I know this is ridiculous. I am actually a sane person.

3. One of my lifetime goals is to write two books. The first, a novel- something girlie and fun. Then, something serious which requires a lot of research.

4. Speaking of 4, I want 4 children. I am sorry, Kyle.

5. If I could have any job (besides having my own reality tv show), I would like to be a sidelines reporter for ESPN. Think Erin Andrews minus all the scandal.

6. Despite my previous ridiculous job comment, I actually use to think I wanted to pursue Army Jag. I decided that I am just not badass enough.

7. I cannot sleep more than 4 hours a night, and night time hours are my best working hours. I think I was a bat in my past life. Or maybe Bat Woman. Yeah, that’s better.

I tag the following chicas:

Law With Grace:
Anytime I need a good laugh, I look to this girl. She is the Chelsea Handler to my Google Reader. My absolute favorites of her postings are the ones introducing (and, well, remembering) her pet fish.

My Blonde Reality: She is fantabulous. And she introduced me to the Clarisonic. (That is pretty much the resume essentials for Blog Award.)

Ellen&Ollie: This gal is so talented. And also, a dweller of the Palmetto State like moi!

The Pink Owl: Another SC lady. I recently stumbled upon her blog. She may be on a blogcation, but I await her return with anticipation.

Mint Juleps & Magnolias:
We have two major loves in common- The KY Derby and Mint Juleps. Actually, I guess that may be the same love.

Putting on the G.R.I.T.S.:
A fellow Gator girl in a Gator world. Her sassy/funny tweets keep me truckin' through my day.

The Southern Social: She has not been blogging lately, but I have to give her a shout out b/c she was the first blog I ever read regularly. I still happily follow her in twitterville. She is one hilarious lady.

Congrats all!

6 comments:

Just Add Walter said...

congrats on all your awards!

just found your blog and wanted to say hi!!

Katy said...

I didn't have a chicken when I was little. I had a pig that my dad named Porkchop. I never ate pork after that.

Anonymous said...

congrats girl! you totally deserve awards!! Should have known you had the same sleep habits of me! {hehe} Congrats to the lovely ladies you tagged too! Hope your having a great day! = )

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Poor Erin. What a scumbag that dude was. And she knows her stuff! Congrats!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Love your blog! These answers cracked me up! I'm a new follower and can't wait to pass your link on to my blogger friends!

The Pink Owl said...

Thank you sweet girl!! I appreciate it very much!!

My Fabulous Followers