{Image credit on photo}

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Monday, January 18, 2010

What's Better Than Receiving a Snuggie for a Christmas Gift?

A: The opportunity to wear it at a Snuggie Pub Crawl, of course!

If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I stumbled upon one of the best.pubcrawls.ever this weekend in Charleston. Kyle and I spotted this fantastic little poster at a bar the night before the event.



We decided that there was no better place in the world to be at 12:30 the next day than at Wild Wings to witness the fantasticness. Let me just tell you, even I, world class Snuggie lover, completely underestimated the Snuggie wonders. I am talking belted Snuggies, people! And the best part? These blanket-with-sleeves-wearing folks were raising money for charity.

Behaving like a journalist at the scene of a miracle, I questioned several participants. My investigative journalism tactics revealed that a group of gals got together the night before to decorate their Snuggies and increase their pub crawling ability-you know, sewing ribbons to the back for support and such.

Apparently, Snuggie Pub Crawls are pretty popular all over. A Google search revealed many similar crawls in many major cities. The lady in charge of the Charleston crawl mentioned that they are going to make it an annual event and try to break the Guinness Book of World Records. Yes, there is a record for most people at a Snuggie Pub Crawl. I am seriously considering attempting this challenge. Is anyone in the Columbia area interested in a Snuggie Pub Crawl?


(Photo from Metromix Chicago)


4 comments:

Patience said...

That is the best idea ever. I wanna go on one.

Anne said...

Love that idea! There was an Upstate Snuggie pub crawl when I was pretty pregnant, so it seemed a little inappropriate for me to tag along. (Although under the Snuggie, who can tell?) Hope y'all can get one together in Gamecock Country soon!

Tara Gibson said...

omg! I love this haha! so cute!

very married said...

woah! how fun is that?? i wanted a snuggie so bad but no one gave me one and i couldn't bring myself to buying one for myself...

My Fabulous Followers