{Image credit on photo}

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Eve Plans & Resolutions

Break out the bubbly and my new stemless champagne glasses...



because we are going to party like it's 2010 (side note: 2010 still sounds so futuristic to me, like we should all be celebrating the new year in space suits).

This New Year's Eve, I will be kicking it poolside during the day in downtown Ft. Lauderdale with high school friends. That night, we plan on having a small gathering at my friend BGS's condo, and then hitting the Riverfront bars.


Being from South Florida, we usually try to avoid Ft. Lauderdale. It can be an overpriced circus on New Yr's. However, we have a place to stay, and that means no one will be driving. Plus, when you are with friends, you can make any place great. Right?

This year my New Year's resolutions have an overarching theme. I am adopting an "everything in moderation" attitude. In CTK terms: I do not need to drink a 12 pack of diet coke a day. 2 sodas should suffice.

The moderation theme will also help me with another problem I have: I am one of those people that when I do something, I jump in head first. If I do not have time to dedicate 100% of my energy, it is not happening. For example, when I decide I am going to start running, I train for a half marathon. While this may sound like a good thing, it actually has had a detrimental affect on my life. If I do not have the time to train for a half marathon, I am not running. Therefore, I think realizing moderation is a good thing can help me in a few aspects of my life (1) cutting back on the bad, and (2) realizing that something does not need to have the max amount of good for it to be good for me. If I have time for a 2 mile run, but not a 5, do the 2! I do not have to run 5 miles every time I want to exercise.

My mom informed me that the problem with having a general resolution is that they are easy to forget or break. So, I am taking my moderation theme and making these goals:

1. I will not drink more than 3 diet cokes a day (a 12oz bottle counts as 2).
2. I will exercise (for whatever time, distance I have time for) at least 3 days a week.
3. I will do at least one nice thing a week for myself. This nice thing can even be just laying in the sun or reading a good book.
4. I will do something charitable every month, despite the size of the donation (of time or money). I will donate what I can.
5. I will contact at east one friend every month whom I haven't spoken with in awhile. Contact can be a text, voice mail, email, whatever. It doesn't have to mean finding time in my day for a 3 hour phone call.


I feel good about this. What are your resolutions?

I wish everyone a wonderful New Year. I hope 2010 brings you a wealth of happiness.



9 comments:

angsamp said...

I like your resolutions.. they seem totally attainable!

Have a fun NYE!!!

Unknown said...

love the stemless champagne glasses! the moderation resolution is a great onw! have fun on nye!!

Natasha said...

great resolutions and goals for next year!!! i like the time for yourself, since we all tend to neglect ourselves from time to time...

mine are to run 5 races, read a book a month, and to work on my side business

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

dreaming in pink and green said...

I looove Ft Lauderdale :) I love your list! Have a great New Years!

xoxo

Juliana said...

Great resolutions. Wow..I wish my hubby would do that with the coke too. I think he will get there. I dont drink it at all...and our lil on wants pop all the time now...

Happy New Year! I am a new follower. Come on by to my bloggy blog and follow back if you would like. It is nice to "meet" you!

Jax said...

These are GREAT resolutions/goals! I totally get the moderation thing b/c I'm the exact same way.. I dont like to something unless I can totally devote myself to it in some regards. This is a good thing to keep in mind *really thinking about this over here* hah... :)

And Danielle did my blog thanks to your awesome recommendation! THANK YOU!!!! I love it! Happy New Year! :)

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Hope your New Year's Even was awesome! I like your resolutions...they all seem pretty attainable. I need to cut back on Diet Coke as well!

Jami - XOimagine said...

I hope you had a great NYE! Love those stemless glasses!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Good luck...mine is to start playing squash...easier said then done! xx

My Fabulous Followers